St Catherine's Care Home
St Catherine’s is a 40 bed residential care home in Nantwich, Cheshire. We provide specialist residential and nursing care to older people and people living with dementia. At our Nantwich Care Home we are proud to deliver support in your area, as part of the award-winning national social care charity Community Integrated Care.
St Catherine's has been recognised for its stunning dementia friendly garden, having won two Royal Horticultural Society (RHS) Awards.
With our highly trained staff, specialist facilities and philosophy of promoting happy, active and fulfilled lives, we aspire to provide the highest standards of support.
Person Centred Support
We are committed to providing personalised support that promotes people leading full, happy and independent lives:
- Our colleagues receive specialist training and mentoring.
- We really get to know the people we support. To achieve this, we spend time understanding their life story and the things that are important to them, so we focus on the things that really matter to them.
- Every person we support has a named key worker who helps develop their own personalised care.
- St Catherine’s has achieved NHS Gold Standard Framework Accreditation for our End of Life Care.
- We also have strong links with Age UK and the Alzheimer’s Society.
St Catherine's is a warm, welcoming and friendly home that has some very special features.
- Every person has their own comfortable and spacious bedroom which they can personalise their room to their tastes.
- Our home has wonderful spaces to relax in and enjoy company, including an activities room and shared as well as peaceful lounge areas.
- We have beautiful award-winning sensory gardens, so people we support can enjoy relaxation and activity outdoors.
- As a specialist dementia service, our furnishings and lighting are purpose designed to meet the needs of people we support.
- We work with Apetito, Britain’s leading caterers for older people’s care homes. They offer an extensive range of nutritious and delicious meals, which suit every taste. We also support people who have specialist diets.
At St Catherine's, we run an extensive activity programme and support people to enjoy days out in the community too. By getting to know the people we support well, we are able to offer activities that meet their different passions and interests.
- Fun one-to-one and group activities, such as aromatherapy sessions, reminiscence sessions, chair based exercises and art and crafts.
- Regular social events for people we support and their families, including performances from local entertainers.
- We support people to go on days out across Cheshire.
St Catherine's is set in Nantwich, a beautiful market town on the banks of the River Weaver and surrounded by the glorious Cheshire countryside. We are in easy reach of local shops, supermarkets, restaurants, cafes, libraries and places of worship. We also enjoy excellent public transport links.